Little things

Foreword: I wrote this on my first blog, Extra Rice, in May 2013. Among the few posts I have on that blog, this is one of my favorites. Here it is -- a sort of tribute to my friends (in 2013. So if we started becoming friends from that moment on, I'm sorry, but you won't be in here), and the little things that I remember about them. If you're on this list, I consider you very special to me. (not counting the people I met after May 2013.) 
When people talk about little things, most of the time they think of the quote that goes, ‘Appreciate the little things in life’. Oh, I do that, all the time. It’s just that this time, this blog is going to be about the little things – people-wise. *smile*
You see, it’s the little things that make a person stick to you – makes him or her much more memorable to you. Let me just mention the little things of people that made me remember them, no matter how long I’ve known them. These are the little things that stick out, which make them big things. I’ll mainly be talking about my friends – a family blogpost will come later. Friends, just think of this as a big big big THANK YOU, and a little trip down memory lane for me, because frankly, I find myself forgetful most of the time. But anyhoo, the little things. Here we go.
I remember the little things about my two best friends in grade school, way, way, waaaay before we even knew what ‘drinking’ meant, and when the words ‘stupid’ and ‘shut up’ were still bad words. It’s how Colleen and Casey always played WITCH with me, spied on our mutual crush by climbing up the ‘CJ Look-out pole’, and how they used to tease me about not being able to cross the monkey bars because I had weak arms then… (and I do now) that make me remember them. I miss my girls. :3
It’s how my best friend, Kathleen, in 6th grade would always, always ALWAYS push me to do things I could never EVER do that makes me remember her always. It’s also the poem she wrote me for Valentines Day that’s stuck on my mirror, ’cause I love her so much. And it’s the way we fought almost every other month, and how we liked the same guy back then, that makes me wish we were still classmates now, because there was no one else who understood me like she did. It’s the way our barkada at the time was so crazy and random. How Clarisse, Justin and I would make these weird dialogues between Luke, Darth Vader, and the Director of Star Wars about the “Luke, I am your father” line. How Mathieu was the first one in my whole life EVER to tease me about my eyebrows, how I cut his hair, and how he made me cry back then, and annoyed me, and yet, how we could share stuff (SHE’LL LIKE ME BECAUSE I’M CHINESE, HE SAYS)and tease each other like we weren’t Frenemies For Life. How our batch played tournaments of Japanese and dodgeball during recess and lunch.
My anime-family, Onee-chan Mel and Aniki Chrisirene. Meryl and Jamie’s funny friendship, Nicole and her infectious Jonas Brothers addiction.
It’s how Marilie’s voice sounds so CUTE that makes me remember her – Geraldine’s funny faces, Crisvi’s possessiveness of her crush MINE, Shevvie’s shining moment with Mr. Blue Shirt, Marijoy’s pogita, Jona’s cuuute nickname (Manang Piglet), her laugh, and her height, and Laiza’s cute mannerisms and how she introduced me to cosplay that made us Happy Happy Vega group in third year high school.
It’s Zash’s big smile and chika moments with me. Sheena’s demure-ness, Nico’s crazy-in-a-good-way-ness, Dre’s gay moments, Jovit’s dry humor and cheeseballs, Caneja’s abs, Mikhael’s muscles, Angelo’s voice, Alex’s tallness and Barney Stinson alikeness, Demc’s Mafia Boss times, Keba’s deepness, and Lar’s sweet, funny disposition that has me remembering them until now.
How my partner for our Senior’s Ball was a great friend of mine – AND a not-so-bad dancer.
How my crush during high school is still my friend now.
How my teachers still continue to inspire me and welcome me back in school every time I drop by.
My twinnie, Portia, who I love soooo much, my first candle during my debut. :) Rizza and her EYES, and how she listens to me and gives me great advice and is always ready to hug me. How we planned his murder and actually sounded like we’d enjoy it. But naaah.
Sann-sann’s weird deadma faces that make me laugh all the time. Kia and her ability to change from super-sweet to super-strong in seconds. Sharmaine always saying, “Kung true friend ka…“.. But we still love you! May-may’s little jokes, laughs, and butt-pinches. :P Lovejoy and her cute voice. Jam’s little eyes and the time when Maam Borromeo thought she was sleeping when she was only looking down at her notebook. Cesa’s frequent visits to the Main Campus even though she transferred to UC. And Ahna, my first friend in college who wasn’t my batchmate, how I can just chat her up whenever I want to just because, and how she knows a lot about my life even though I don’t see her often…
How he held my hand.
Jaydrien, who left us prematurely, made me laugh, I only knew for two years, let me borrow his books and didn’t get mad when I didn’t forget to return them, who I miss so much, and who we love so much.
How Joanne and Ayrish coined the Momdots/Mamots nickname for me – and also Dadots, who finalized it :P My bibi co-probees, who I miss so much. Co-staffers and how they changed my life in so many ways possible. Little things like how everyone repeats what Raffy’s saying and rearranging the words, JM’s eyebrows, Erika’s (and mine LOL) dream of becoming a Victoria’s Secret Angel, Pearl’s seductive moments, AJ’s jokes , Ayin’s fangirling and how we’re so much alike, Peht’s nursing tips for me, Gail’s biiiiiiiiiig smile, the fact that Ayrish is a Salutatorian and can write poems and that the more you talk about it, the hotter the issue becomes, Pat’s gwapa-ness and genius with the computer, Lloydie introducing me to rock songs and changing my playlist FOREVER, and that Renra is the AVATAR and no one can beat that. *hearts*
The way he looks at me. His hugs. His smile, so infectious. His laugh, which is so unique that I doubt there’s anyone who has a laugh like his. His hands, cute sparkly eyes. His hair, which I think looks great already, although he tends to think it’s not enough. Those little moments that take my breath away and leave me flying to the moon (and to text Joanne). The way I trust him to give me advice. And everything.
The girl I’ve known and stayed with, and met, for the past eight years, PATRICIA MAE, who’s supported me through everything, been my bestest friend and dear alongside Lorens. My pacing buddy, my swimming buddy, my chika partner, and my co-songwriter.
Little things lead up to big things. I’m glad I have these people in my life, I’d be nowhere without them. I know I’ve just basically ranted about all the good memories in my life, and I sound like I’m just leaving a note before I die… I don’t even know why I started writing this blog post. I just know that I wanted to write about my inspirations. And I thought of these guys. I love these people from the end of their hair to the tip of their toenails. Good and bad. And they deserve to me in my blog. To be remembered. I wouldn’t trade anything in the world for them.

Comments

Popular Posts