Crushing Kinder-Kaitlin

Foreword: It's completely coincidental that this is slightly related to my last blog post, except concentrating purely on my Kindergarten dreams. This is a blog collaboration with my friends, and I'll link their blogs here once they've all finished.

Dear Kinder-Kaitlin,

Hey, dear. I hope you're having fun playing with bubbles on your desk and starting to learn how to read things that are longer than your Berenstein Bears books. I just wanted to drop by and tell you a few things. Y'know. Just so that you won't expect too much of the future and start crying once you're old enough to understand that.

First of all, honey, I know how much you want to be a pizza twirler at Costco. Let me just say plainly that when you'll be old enough to get a job, you won't have enough hand-eye coordination to catch a ball that's flying at you. The only talent you'll have at this age is walking while reading a book, without managing to bump into anyone.

Secondly, my dear sweet child, you will never be a mermaid. Although I'd like to applaud you for coming close; becoming a varsity swimmer throughout your elementary and high school years isn't easy, but it is the closest thing to becoming a mermaid. Anyways, it's not physically possible for you to be a mermaid; fins are for fishes.

And let's be real, without legs, how could you spread them walk, jump, run and play? (You'll understand when you're older)

And lastly, I am so sorry that you will never be one of those Disney Princesses at Disneyland, the ones that sit in the carriages and take pictures with strangers and their children, and get to dress up in pretty dresses and actually become Snow White, or Belle. First of all, the only Disney Princess you could ethnically pass as is either Jasmine or Pocahontas. You can't even be Mulan, Asian as you are, because you aren't the right kind of Asian. Make up and wigs can only go so far, babe.

But you know what? Despite not growing up to be a Mermaid, Princess, or Pizza Twirler, you're going to grow up to be so much more. You'll grow up to be a writer, a registered nurse, and one heck of a loyal friend. And I'm sure you'll be so much more when you're even older. Like, mommy-old.

Take care, sweetie. Oh, and don't forget to make lots of friends and write lots of poems.

xoxo, Kaitlin C., RN

Comments

Popular Posts