What is it like to fall in love?

I've recently been watching re-runs of the Jerry Springer Show (so shoot me), and these kinds of shows are kind of like my guilty pleasure. Include Maury and Wilkos on this list. But anyway, I was watching oodles and oodles of this faked-up show last night, and it got me thinking. What is it like to fall in love?

I know. Weird transition, right? Hear me out.

Despite the show being decidedly scripted and faked, there's something dangerously realistic when it comes to feelings. There are girls who love men who cheat on them, treat them like crap, and lie to them. There are guys who love girls who screw around with their best friends, completely disrespect them, and leave them. That's the thing. They love people despite of their flaws, despite the horrible consummation of flaws. I laughed at these people. I was talking to myself, saying that if I was in their shoes, I would have left yesterday.

But come to think about it, I never really do know how they feel, right? I'm not in their shoes. I'm not the one so blindly in love.

Did I just create a blog post relating love with the Jerry Springer Show? You bet I did.

These are just my musings.

Comments

Popular Posts