Dream happy dreams.

(Happy New Year!)

I dreamed of you for the first time since our closure four months ago. And it was different, so to say. For one, it was a happy dream.

And I never have happy dreams of you, I never have, thought I never would. I saw you and my heart fluttered again - I felt like I was thirteen again.

And you always seem to have that effect on me, whether or not you mean it. The heart's a funny thing, because I am 99.99% sure that I am over you.

The thing is, I do think that if I were given the chance to talk to you again, my feelings would explode outwards.

It almost did when we chatted, anyway; If only you knew how many years I thought about you (insert many 'haha's to lessen the gravity of that statement) - seriously, Kaitlin?

I won't deny that there's a little stinging feeling in my chest. Happy dreams that they are, they remind me of what isn't and couldn't and shouldn't. How can I not feel a bit bitter?

Oh, well. 2016 is a new year; here's to being better.

Not bitter.

Comments

Popular Posts