Farewell, Facebook?

I haven't been on Facebook recently.

And when I am on Facebook, I'm mostly just scrolling through four or five top posts, liking things if I do like them, and then closing the tab so I can read fanfiction or blog or watch YouTube.

I usually change my profile picture at least twice or once a month - the profile picture I have now has been there since, I don't know, middle of November?

The thing is, I'm not feeling Facebook these days. I'm too lazy to log in, and when I do log in, I'm too lazy to actually do anything. Because of this, I've lost contact with my internet friends, which is a shame because they really are dears. I've even lost a bit of contact with my real friends, mainly because no one texts me (and vice versa) and most communication I get these days is through Facebook messages.

It's so funny how something I used to beg to have, is now something I would gladly trade away forever. (PS - I'm talking about Facebook, not friendship. Just to clear the air.) Why do I feel like this? Am I just getting too old for this? Am I getting too lazy?

Or am I suddenly realizing that I could be doing so much more other than Facebook, which just pulls me away from it all so I can stare at the wall?

So call this a PSA - Dear friends, both internet and in real life; I'm not going to be around on Facebook as much as I used to. Just let me deal with my existential crisis (Dan Howell, help me please) and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts