To my friend who committed suicide:

I included you in my prayers again last night.

I'm ashamed to say that in the four years since your passing, it hasn't been something I do often; including you in my prayers, that is. It's not that I'm forgetting you on purpose, it's just that the memory of you is slowly fading away as I go through life and encounter other problems. I wish that wasn't the case. I also wish you were still here.

I won't say I was your best friend, or that we were 'close'. We were good friends, the kind of friends that can bump into each other every two months and still squeal and jump up and down and hug each other whenever we see each other. Now that I think about it, I wish that I had been able to become closer to you. You were a great person, an even better listener. It's such a shame that I couldn't listen to you when you needed someone to talk to.

You see, the thing is, I see you as the kind of person that I'd still be meeting up with every once in a while. I see you as the kind of friend I would have been drinking coffee with, talking about our old crushes, laughing about our college experiences, and introducing each other to our future significant others. It pains me that I won't be able to have these experiences with you.

The last time I saw you alive, you did something for me. You gave me a special moment with someone I cared about. You did that for me (well, you and your friends, but I'd like to think it was mainly your idea. And Kelvin's.) and I don't think I'll ever forget that you did that for me. You sang for me, you acted as a wingman for me. You helped me one time during the stampedes of Sinulog. You were a great guy.

I'm sorry I haven't been thinking about you lately.

I hope that somewhere, wherever you are, you have mobile data or Wi-Fi that'll allow you to read this... (I wouldn't be surprised if you were reading this over my shoulder, either, watching me delete some of the lines I thought weren't worth putting in.) I guess all I wanted to say was that I miss you, and I hope that you know that I wish we could've had more time together.

Comments

Popular Posts