... Thank you.

There is no word to describe what I'm feeling right now.

Because there is no way that mere minutes after posting my last blog, he'd reply to my birthday greeting, which would then lead to an apology, the closure I've been searching for for so long, and a friendly chat about our relationship status and Windows 8.1. There is no way the world would be so good to me.

And yet, it is. Because that is what happened.

I guess all I needed was the strength to move on. The strength to accept my faults and say sorry for it, instead of just waiting for him to come to me like Mario rescuing Princess Peach from Bowser. There are countless times when I could've apologized, or chatted to him first, but now... Now that I've admitted it to myself, I guess I just...

Wow, I'm so speechless.

I admit to crying a little. It was like a Hallelujah for me, seeing him reply to me, and me replying back as if nothing had happened. Here I was, thinking I'd never see or hear from him again, but it happened. And I am feeling so peaceful right now, almost as if I could fly. I feel so light. I want to feel like this every day.

Is this what moving on feels like? Is this all the baggage I've been carrying around for seven years? Was what I felt for him really that heavy? What was I doing to myself?

In apologizing to him, and him apologizing to me, and us basically being idiots as we played the 'It's okay with me as long as it's okay with you' game (which I didn't really mind, actually), I found myself at peace. And I'm more than ready to move on. On to the next one?

By the way, I think I've found the word I'm searching for.

Serendipity.

Comments

Popular Posts